I am using Lenovo G50 series laptop with Windows 8.1 operating system. Suddenly, in the morning I found that my system was showing that it was connected to internet through WIFI but still I was not able to open or browse any website (tried on chrome and firefox). Though the same internet with same WIFI modem was working well on my android device. Also, when I tried to connect my laptop with my mobile phone, the internet was working well. I tried a lot of things like windows automatic network troubleshooting, checking & configuring ips, etc. but nothing worked out.
I had faced the similar issue a few days back and on spending a number of hours I was to able to fix the same. Please find the below steps that might fix the issue for you too.
Open CMD prompt with administrators right and run/execute the following commands.
1. ipconfig/flushdns 2. nbtstat -R 3. nbtstat -RR 4. netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt 5. netsh winsock reset
Now, restart your computer.
Try to re-connect your computer to the WIFI which you were trying earlier.
This worked for me 🙂
Hopefully!!! The above steps work for you too. 🙂